Wednesday, January 12, 2011

ReStyle #2 - Corduroy Flats

Before:
Restyle Corduroy

...and After!
Corduroy Shoes 005
I'm pretty proud of myself. They are so comfy and are almost perfect. Except they are too small. This is the second pair of slippers/flats that I've made, and the first pair was small, too. You would think I would learn my lesson.
The outer is corduroy recycled from that dress above, the lining is some brown cotton scraps I had left over from an old project, and the insoles and outsoles are from an old pair of jeans.
Anyway, I plan on making more. I want to perfect them and have a closet full of handmade flats! I also am trying to think of a way to add soles.

I'll show you the first pair that I made sometime soon. :)

15 comments:

  1. I was not expecting that! They're really sweet. Be great to make some out of felted sweaters, tweed jackets or velvet too.
    Portia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love! So awesome great Job!! your so brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! Did you use a pattern or did you "freehand" it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awesome! I can't believe you made those out of a dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you are so creative! they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh but they are perfect to be worn at home on a cold day! I tend to make things smaller too.. no idea why!

    ReplyDelete
  7. shut the front door!!! you made those flats from the dress!??! that is sooooo cute!! will you make me a pair?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. saw this on the flickr group. very cute and love the repurposing! i've heard of spray of rubber to use for the bottom of bath mats, maybe for the soles??

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are so cute! they look so comfortable too... soon, i'll make a pair that fits me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cool! And they look really comfy! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE THESE!!! You are sooo talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Cool! I've always wanted to make some shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i want some! how fun! i would have no idea how to even go about making shoes!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)