Monday, December 1, 2008

Free Christmas Tree Amigurumi Pattern

Christmas Tree Amigurumi

This is really fast amigurumi! It took me about 45 minutes.

To make the little Christmas tree, you will need:
Little amounts of worsted weight yarn in brown and green
Size F/5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook
Little pieces of red felt for bulbs
Fiberfill or stuffing of your choice

It is about 3 inches tall.

Abbreviations I use:
ch = chain
dec = decrease
R = round
sc = single crochet
sts = stitches

INSTRUCTIONS

Christmas Tree
Using the “F” hook and green yarn
R1– Ch 2, 5 sc in szzecond chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (10 sts)
R3- sc around (10 sts)
R4- sc 1, 2 sc in next sc around (15 sts)
R5- sc around (15 sts)
R6- sc 2, 2 sc in next sc around (20 sts)
R7 and 8- sc around (20 sts)
R9- sc 3, 2 sc in next sc around (25 sts)
R10 and 11- sc around
R12- sc 4, 2 sc in next sc around (30 sts)
R13 and 14- Sc around
decrease until a small hole is left (stuff now and finish green yarn by cutting and pulling through the loop)
slip knot with brown yarn, and sc into any sc in the hole.
sc around, then decrease until the hole is closed.

Now cut small circles out of the red felt and attach however you want. I used a hot glue gun.

Tell me if you find any faults, it it my first pattern, after all. Oh, and tell me if you don't understand it. That last part looks a little confusing. :]

9 comments:

  1. Cool tree that picture isn't really ugly ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish I could do that. I am learning to knit now.. I think its adorable.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute tree! i'll give the pattern a try if i can get round to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi....

    I love the tree! I plan to make at least one tonight and maybe more. It will be a good, early start for next Christmas. I have some tiny stars that would look cute on one of these trees. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tree. I'm going to start making next years Christmas things next month and this will definately be several of them.
    I'm going to use some of the large colored sequin stars that Walmart and Michael's sell for the decorations. You did a really good job. I thank you for your work and idea.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Adorable I made it while i was watching a Jeff Dunham vid!!! hahahahaha lol!
    -Zenevia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    My name is Cissi and I translate english amigurumi patterns into Swedish and publish them on my blog. I saw your Christmas tree and right now it will fit perfectly on the blog. People want to start crocheting things for Christmas. I want to have your permission to translate and publish your pattern on my blog. I put a link back to your blog, of cause.
    Visist me at http://amigurumipasvenska.blogspot.com and see for your self.

    Cissi

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a nice tree!!! ;)
    I'm going to try and make some for Christmas! Thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)