Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've done it!

I've made some yarn! But don't just READ this post! Pretend like you were right next to me! How? Pictures, of course!

Spindle and Roving
My spindle and roving both came on the same day. How perfect!

First Ball of Yarn
The first ball of yarn (not plied yet, but still!)

Ball of yarn + Yarn on spindle
Ball of yarn in previous picture + some yarn on the spindle

Getting ready dye
Getting ready to dye! (Silly me, I was so excited I forgot take pictures of plying, winding into a skein, and soaking.)

Yarn sucking up the dye
Yarn soaking in Kool-Aid (1 bag Strawberry, 1 bag Soarin' Strawberry Lemonade)

The Final Yarn!
THE YARN!

Bowl after yarn sucked up dyeYarn in comparison to penny
Bowl after yarn has sucked up all the dye, and yarn in comparison to penny. (Super duper bulky!)

I just realized I don't have any pictures of the yarn as a whole! :] More pictures tomorrow of it as a whole and knit up. (Hopefully)

P.S. Another giveaway at Phat Fiber! :] This time from Happy Housewife Soap.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That is so neat! The yarn is really thick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I LOVE the color! That yarn would make such a warm scarf too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can see you're really having fun. Question...why do people use koolaide to dye yarn? Why not dye? And....if it's strong enough to dye beautiful yarn like that...yikes what are kids putting in their stomachs?

    I've never been koolaide drinker and now am happy about that...but still I wonder. lol

    Looking forward to more of your adventures.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are off and running! The yarn that you spun is beautiful and the color is yummy. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are great! I like the colour of the yarn you dyed!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)