Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics and Crocheting

The Olympics are up and running. Unfortunately, I missed the starting ceremonies. I heard it was spectacular! My favorite events are diving, synchronized swimming, and gymnastics.
I was totally AMAZED two days ago when Jason Lezac outstandingly came over the French in the last 50 meters to WIN the gold for the USA in the 4 X 100 m relay. Fantsatic! even MORE great after what the french were saying.

My knitting/crocheting projects!

Closeup of Red Octopus Amigurumi
Above is a octopus I crocheted, really simple I made it in less than 4 hours. (Pretty good considering I leraned how to crochet about a week ago.)

SANY0189
Above is a piece of intarsia knitting. I am not 100% happy with this piece of work I don't think I have the circle shape perfect- YET. I made it (btw, its a peace sign) for one of my friends who is a long-haired, flower-wearing hippie. LOL

Amigurumi Berries
Amigurumi berries! really quick projects- here's a great how-to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7moLuvusww

more pics of more projects later!
sunnie_fairy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, thank you for your comment on my blog. I love your crocheting, the octopus looks very cute. Your intarsia knitting is looking pretty good so don't lose heart and keep practising. Good luck Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog. You crocheting is cute. I crochet too, but always just afghans (I'm not that adventurous with yarn). haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love your crocheted octopus - too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The berries look so deliciously cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for stopping by my blog! i bought a lovely wooden crochet hook last year but haven't found anywhere to teach me :( where did you learn? love that little leggy creature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned to crochet from a booklet, but it wasn't very detailed, so I refined my crocheting online.
    There are many videos on you tube about crocheting, here is a good one demonstrating single crochet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW8ui6wlYxY

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi s.f.!
    I love lauren child, I'm 30 but the onlything i watch on tv is charlie and lola at 7pm!
    thanks for the crochet tip, i'll check it out x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)