Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tiny Cupcakes & Crocheted Cupcakes

Yesterday I made tiny lemon-flavored cupcakes. We have this tiny cupcake thing. I took a picture of it, but it turned out blurry, and by the time I realized that it was blurry, I was too lazy to take another picture.

Once the cupcakes were done, we poked holes in the cupcakes with straws and filled the holes with lime jello. Then we topped them with cream cheese frosting- mistake. They were supposed to be topped with whipped cream. Oh well.

Here's a crocheted cupcake:
Cupcake Amigurumi
I don't like the way it turned out. Any suggestions for my next cupcake? any patterns? I tried this pattern: http://nimoe.wordpress.com/2007/12/16/amigurumi-cupcake-tutorial/
I think I messed something up... :(

Amigurumi Girl
Here's a success story! My first human amigurumi! YAY! This is what I am going to enter into bunzi's drawing. Here's the link so you can enter too. I followed this pattern:
http://geekcentralstation.blogspot.com/2008/03/free-pattern-gandalf-and-legolas.html
Back of Amigurumi Girl

Owl Softie
Here is my first softie! (I think that's what you call 'em) I followed this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIA4zicfatU

Baby Toy Amigurumi
Here's a toy that I made for my cousin Caleb- with my own pattern! (I made it up as I went along.) Originally, the red part was supposed to be the bottom, but my twin brother said it looked like a head so I kinda switched it. I think it would have looked better with the red as the bottom. (The white legs are where the head would have gone. but now the head is the red part.) Now I'm mad at him. (my twin brother) Oh well. tell me what you think!

7 comments:

  1. The crocheted cupcake looks amazing! I tried amigurumi, and I failed! The human/dolly looks really cute.

    And yeah, that little toy you made for your cousin, the red part DOES look like his head, although his body is itty bitty. But, he's cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your amigurumi cupcake, critters and lady are so cute!!! I think the ladies hair is really cool, you did a really good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I crocheted a cupcake too, from the very same pattern. My frosting part turned out too small. It doesn't look like a cupcake at all but like a Lego head (I used yellow yarn). So I think you did well with your crochet cupcake. It looks like a yummy cupcake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by my blog! Your crochet delights are great, but I'm sorry I can't help at all, I have no skills at all, but plan on learning some time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for entering the contest. oh so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun treats!! :) I love that cupcake! :) Yummy!

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment! :) Stop by again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the links! Some cute stuff here!! :) I came here from the Flickr group Crafty Crow. I saw your little girl and was hoping for a link to a pattern! THANK YOU!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)