Thursday, August 28, 2008

:] Couldn't think of a good post title

I've got a lot of stuff to write about, so this will be a long post. But this is probably among the last long posts, as I am starting school Tuesday. :( No more summer vacation for me!

I got the Idea for a monster amigurumi from the flickr group, "Amigurumi Monsters." So here is my ferocious monster, Bloop. yes, his name is Bloop. Like his name?
Bloop the purple monster
I also crocheted a amigurumi mermaid, from my own pattern. (Bloop was made from my own pattern, too.) Here she is! Like her hair? I think she looks pretty good for my first try at a mermaid. Do you have any ideas for her name?
Mermaid Amigurumi

Flickr stuff:

I started 2 new groups called 1 is called Octopus Crafts, and 1 is called Mermaid Amigurumi. Feel free to become a member of my groups and add your own pictures of mermaid amigurumi or octopus crafts! :] I also made a tutorial on how to do a single crochet stitch. Here it is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunnie_fairy/sets/72157606892390754/

I also did some watercolor painting with my little brother. Tell me what you think!
Water Color Painting

I found a pretty awesome quiz! after you finish the quiz it gives you a profile of yourself. I thought mine was pretty dead-on! try it out: http://dna.imagini.net/friends

I also found some pretty awesome books at the library about crochet, weaving, and embroidery. I love the illustrations in the books. hmm... I checked them all out. The librarian must have thought I was a fabric freak or something. :]
I am trying out one of the projects in the weaving book, it's really fun! Here's what it looks like right now:
Weaving on a cardboard loom

8 comments:

  1. That's so cute! Bloop! Very original.
    I have never done weaving. Would like to try one day (a huge loom would look so cool in my tiny room). Shame that summer vacation is over... Keep making nice things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making some very sweet things :) Keep up the good work! Your weaving looks good too. I have a few things on my picture frame looms right now. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so very creative. love the mermaid. as for a name how about something simple like 'blue', 'rainbow'? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That weaving looks interesting. I can't wait to see it when you're done. Thanks for the prayer we can use all we can get!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have been busy! i love your new crochet creations, and may make something octopusy to join your group. can it be anything crafty?
    did the quiz, how cool :) excited to see what your weaving becomes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute octopus!!!!!! and your mermaid is darling!! thx so much for stopping by my blog... i wish i had the patience to knit and crochet... you definitely make me wish it even more :D

    happy crafting and painting!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)