Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Garage sale finds!

I went to some garage sales last week and this is what I found. :)
I found all of these things at one sale. I didn't find anything at the other sales, and this was the last sale we stopped at, so I got lucky!

This monkey desk accessory is super awesome. I almost want to keep it for myself, but I don't have a desk. So on to the etsy shop it goes. Last month I found a key holder that also had Cedar Rapids, Iowa on it. So finding this was pretty cool.

I've always had an interest in geodes, but I've never seen any in real life, so when I saw this, I snatched it up. I'm keeping it because it's pretty and I love it. Maybe I will start a collection.

Now this miniature mouse and mouse trap just... make me squeal with joy. They are so tiny! And adorable! And now I want a doll house! Oh, restoring a vintage doll house would be so awesome.


Next I found this Kansas schoolbook. I wanted it, but when I looked inside the cover and saw this...
...I was sold. I could just imagine little Vernon L. Jones sitting in his seat in 1917 drawing men with hats and large chins inside his brand new schoolbook and driving his mom up the wall.

I also got this large vintage slip. Look at the lace and the flounce! Love it. But it won't fit me, so I'll be listing it on etsy soon.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading and commenting. I love you guys.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Finds..I can't wait to go thrifting this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds! I had a little monkey statue just like that growing up. I wonder where it's gone to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I love that book. That's something I would have picked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! love everything you scored! :)maybe you should keep the slip for another restyle project! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)