Wednesday, September 3, 2008

As promised...

I am totally happy that hurricane Gustav had minimal damage!!! especially that my friend over at Art and Soul
was okay!!! :] That makes me happy...

I finished my weaving! It's a happy little red pouch! It did not turn out exactly like I planned, but you know, it was my first try.
Weaved Red Pouch

I am making my first really big project (at least really big to me), a bag! I got the pattern from an awesome book I got from the library: Folk Bags
Here's what it looks like right now:
Cast On
OK, so it's not exactly even near being done, but...
...this is done! my first-ever granny square! I got the pattern from this book, really a fantastic book for beginners, I highly recommend it! (although in no way am I a beginner. *scoffs* ;])
Close-Up Granny Square
Another book I got from the library... Knitting Lessons
It's not really a pattern book or anything, it's a fantastic compilation of knitting stories!
Right now I'm reading The Giver as well. It's really good, I am just swallowing it up! good thing there's a sequel!

As many of you know I started socks! I followed this wonderful video(scroll halfway down the page) to turn the heel. So far I think they look good for my first pair-ever! :]
Heel Of My First Sock

I also plan to make this hippo, although I haven't even cast on for it yet.

I got rock band wii! It's really fun!!! my fave is drums, my fave song is "In Bloom" by Nirvana and "Should I Stay or Should I Go " by someone, I forgot the band's name. :]

My dad finally got an I phone! They came out, like July 11th! super cool, it is!(yoda-ish)

I started school monday! summer came and went so fast. although it's still like 95 degrees F in California. yes, it's sweltering HOT!

well, after lots of projects, books, first-ever's, and smileys, I'm finally done with this very long post. and yes, there just has to be another smiley :]

13 comments:

  1. yay. :) oh we have rock band too but on the ps3! love it. i believe the band is the clash! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! that's right, the clash... thanks bunzi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are so talented with your knitting (I'm jealous... I can't knit!) It looks great so far; hopefully you'll still have time even though school has started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! Glad to hear that you still have warm weather in Cali! My fiance is there for school, and seems to be enjoying it too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sunnie Fairy...Thanks for stoppiby by Blog Around the World. You are all linked up! Stop by daily to see where in the world we are headed next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The granny square is my favorite thing to crochet...it is so versatile.

    I also LOVED The Giver, but I wasn't aware that there was a sequel...do you know the name of it?!? I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, not really a sequel, more like a companion, I just started it.
    It's called Gathering Blue. :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great heel turn! You will totally be addicted to sock knitting soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You sound super busy!!! I can't wait to see all your finished projects! :) And gee, it IS super hot in California! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on your socks! I read The Giver in high school and thought it was wonderful.

    Your blog is so neat, I'm bookmarking it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked looking over what you're working on, and I'm looking forward to seeing the hippo piece!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think. :)